Belleville 790 Waterproof Flight and Combat Review AR 670-1 Compliant
Belleville has a long history of manufacturing high-quality boots for the army and this history dates back to World War I. After World War II, the company received the prestigious Army-Navy “E” Award in recognition for their durable products, and efficient and punctual delivery services. Since then the company continues to design and produce high-end footwear. With 100 years of experience under its belt, the company now also manufactures athletic shoes under the Rawlings brand. Here's our review for Belleville 790 Waterproof Flight and Combat Review AR 670-1 Compliant.
See other best selling AR670-1 Compliant Boots on Amazon
The Belleville 790 Waterproof Flight and Combat boot is perfectly suited for aerial and terrestrial tactical conditions and is also ideal for wearing during direct combat. They were originally designed with the newest of technology for the military forces serving in Asia and the Middle East. Not only do they work to keep the feet dry from exterior elements, but can also wick away sweat and keep you dry on the inside. Compliant with military requirements and the Berry Amendment, the lace-to-toe design makes sure that the boots fit comfortably and provide you with the support and strength you need during difficult operations.
Belleville 790 Specifications
Consider these features of the Belleville 790 boot:
● 8 inches in height
● Available in a trendy Coyote Tan color
● The upper section is made of 100% cattle hide leather and a tough CORDURA Nylon Fabric. Together, this leather and synthetic combination contributes to keeping moisture out.
● Gore-Tex waterproof lining that allows your feet to breathe and keeps them dry
● Includes a shape fitting single density insole that can be removed to suit your comfort levels
● Smart marine logo imprinted on the back heel
● The three-layered sole of the Belleville 8 Inch Waterproof Boots make them sturdy and extremely long lasting.
● The polyurethane midsole is cushioned for support to the foot (can be removed if necessary)
● The outer sole is a VIBRAM Sierra made of 100% rubber along with VANGUARD running shoe sole designing.
The Belleville 790s come with a standard lacing system. The biggest differentiator is the extra leather at the top of the boot which give you flexibility to tie around the excess lace (see the picture below).
The large mouth of the boot make it easier to take off after a long day of work. When it's time to finally rest, the last thing I want to do is struggle to take my boots off. That's why it helps that Belleville designed this boot with that consideration in mind.
Extra leather at the top to support excess lace
Working Out the Right Size to Order
You can order these shoes in size ranges from 3 to 16 in half sizes and also in wide and regular widths. Women can also wear these boots, but they might want to order 2 sizes smaller than the typical size they would order. For instance, if you wear a size 7, order the Belleville 8 Inch Boots in a size 5. Some men might also find that the sizes are larger than average, but the company offers an easy return and exchange policy so finding the right size you need should not be a problem.
Downsides of the Belleville 790 Boot
Alright, so here are some things you need to look out for in the boot. I'd say the "downside" to the boot is the tongue is a bit excessive.
If the tongue is not managed well, it could "bunch up" and hinder the comfort level of the boot. But as long as you make some hard creases into the tongue and tie your boots on tight, you should be just fine. The durable sole, Gortex lining, and rough out leather material made up for the tongue issue.
If you take a closer look, you can see the excess tongue a bit here in the picture
Long story short; Belleville is a trusted brand, so you can hold them to delivering a solid product. The Belleville 790 was one that got several mixed reviews by consumers, but overall people gave it the thumbs up.
It offered a lot of the things that are tablestakes for decent boots, which are:
- AR 670-1 Compliant
- Made with quality full grain leather
- Durable rubbers that can keep up with the downhill ruck
- Waterproof (bonus)
Overall, I do recommend these boots for heavy duty rucking, and tactical work. It's made out of quality material and it simply gets the job done.
Grab yourself a pair Belleville 790s here
- Here's a longer list of authorized boots
- Here's some of our favorite comfortable tactical boots.
- A few suggestions for lightweight tactical boots
- A list of some of the Best Tactical Backpack Brands