Best Backpacking Tent for Family of 4
Here is a list of the Best Backpacking Tent for Family of 4
Top Five Best Backpacking Tent for Family of 4
1. Sundome 4 Person Tent (Green and Navy color options)
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
The most recommended option is Sundome 4 person Tent. It is made up of polyester and has 59 inches of height from the center. It is supported by 8.5 mm fiberglass poles. The floor is made up of 1000D polyethylene.
The camp is made for four people and is made in USA. Other features of the camp are listed below:
- Electric access port
- Ground vent and the large windows that move air up and out
- Spacious interior and room to move
- Dome design for the quick setup, 15 minutes
- Snag-free, continuous pole with sleeves for the easy setup
- Rainfly awning for the shade and rain protection
- Storage pockets that keep gear organized
- WeatherTec(TM) system's patented with welded floors and the inverted seams help keep water out
- Pole Attachments stand up to the wind9 ft. x 7 ft. footprint fits 4 people or the one queen airbed4 ft. 11 in. center height, room to move
- Carry bag included for easy transport
Apart from the fact that durability is proved by hundreds of happy customers, its one year guarantee is there to save you from any faulty piece. The tent is promised to be water proof and can endure every type of weather.
- Pros: According to customer reviews, it is one of the best available in the market. Its height is enough to accommodate couple of chairs. The instructions are easy to follow so the tent can be set up in minutes. It does not require special skills so it is perfect for new campers. The options like opening for extension cable with the pockets on the inside walls makes it a user friendly camp. Moreover, the hook at the center is perfect for hanging something to light up the camp.
- Cons: The only bad thing about the camp is its limited space. Although four people can fix themselves inside it but it is recommended according to customers to consider it as a 2 people tent. I would personally opt for the bigger one, if I have gear and some luggage too. I have tested it in places with winds up to 40 to 60 miles per hour and it endured all.
2. Coleman Evanston-Screened Tent
Coleman Evanston-Screened Tent
Rating: 4.3 / 5.0
Number two on the most recommended is Coleman Evanston-screened tent. This tent is made up of the polyester taffeta 75D. This is imported from the best manufacturers around the world. It has foot print of 14 by 10 feet and has a height of 68 inches in the center.
- Pros: Although it can accommodate more than four people but it is perfect for four people with the luggage and the gears. The best thing about this option is fully screened front porch which normally keeps the bugs out. I would highly recommend this option because it is therefore easy to set up and has many options for ventilation. It is one of very few options available in the market which has good ventilation. You can enjoy the weather in dry atmosphere when it’s rainy outside. It was fun living in as it can easily accommodate mattress.
- Cons: Although it is a water proof tent but it lets water rain in from the scree room side. This can be corrected but slanted in ward at top and building up of water is not a big problem as it is not in sleeping area.
3. Semoo Water Resistant with D-Style Door, 4-Person Camping/Traveling Family Dome Tent
Semoo Water Resistant D-Style Door 4-Person Tent
Rating: 3.8 / 5.0
The third best option according to me is Semoo tent with the D style Door. This option is best when one is travelling with family. The dimensions of this options are different from others i.e. 92.5" L x 96.5" W x 55" H as it is dome type tent. The materials which are used to make this tent include the (fly) Polyester with the Polyurethane (PU); (inner) Polyester and Polyamide (PA); (floor) Polyethylene (PE); (poles) Fiberglass. It is a light weight tent in the shape of dome which can accommodate four people easily.
- Pros: The style of this tent allows excellent cross ventilation. The hooped fly frame is another good option which makes this tent rain protector and shock absorbent.
- Cons: I can guarantee of its being rain proof because of its unique design but the material has to be carried with care as it seems light and can tear away easily if it gets with slightly sharp object.
4. NTK Panda 4 Person 6.7 by 6.7 Foot Sport Camping Dome Tent
NTK Panda 4 Person Sport Camping Dome Tent
Rating: 4.3 / 5.0
The fourth best option is although a sport camp but it is perfect for four people and accommodate them while travelling. It is rather a cheap and durable option. Moreover it is made up of materials which are fungus repellent and thus high quality polyester and polyethylene floor can keep you away from getting fungus from ground.
The ferrules and other metal parts are double plated for rust resistance. It increases its life many folds.
- Pros: According to customers the design is supper easy and can be setup in no time as it has continuous pole sleeves system. The most excellent part is, you can be dry inside the camp in a rainy weather and enjoy the rainy weather outside through a small rainy fly on the roof. Apart from this it has ventilated roof top. It is the only camp which claims to be 2 seasonal tent and equally perfect for dry and wet season.
- Cons: It is not suitable for extreme weathers so if I am going to icy peaks, I would opt for another option because it is not made for this purpose.
5. Coleman Juniper Lake Tent
Coleman Juniper Lake 4 Person Tent
Rating: 3.4 / 5.0
This fifth option is most economical and yet most desirable for fall camping tours because it is well ventilated so if you are going for cycling tour, it is the best option.
- Pros: It is spacious and can be set up in 60 seconds. It has space for gears and pets. This well-ventilated option can accommodate one queen airbed.
- Cons: Zipper’s protector cover stuck which can be dealt with care and extra pole for rain fly go over the door.