Looking for the Best Camping Tents for Sale? Camping for me is passion. I love going off the radar and spending some quality time with friends or family. So every 2-3 months, I gather my friends and we go camping into the woods just outside the city. Since I am a frequent camper, I like to invest in outdoor accessories. Our garage is filled with camping equipment and my wife has been nagging me to get rid of some of that stuff. I am sure if I ever put up a garage sale for camping equipment, I would easily earn about $1200 from that sale. Though I can’t bring myself to part with my collection! Yes wifey, stop dreaming about a sale 😉
Here is a list of the Best Camping Tents
In my camping collection, I have a folding saw, a pocket chain saw, 3 high quality camping lanterns, a Coleman camping kit, 3 camping tents, a single and a double sleeping bag, an old fashioned radio tape, waterproof camping tarp, 2 camping towels, a few raincoats, a mini cooking gas tank, a portable refrigerator/freezer, an assortment of camping cookware, lightweight Aluminium camping hammer, 2 camping hammocks, a set of trekking poles, 3 thermos and a few other this and that. Heck, I even have some firewood saved from the last trip about a month ago.
This time we made it a family affair and gathered over the entire family at our parent’s house and went camping. My sister’s husband, Jayden, is also quite fond of fishing and hiking. It was an amazing experience and I brought my new Coleman Tenaya Lake 8 Person Instant Tent. My wife packed lots of marinated beef and pork for a bar b q around the fire and my mother brought a large pack of marshmallows. We ended up having a merry time rejoicing over childhood memories.
Yesterday my neighbor came over asking for recommendations to buy a tent. He mentioned he was quite confused after reading a range of reviews, so he thought he’d rather ask for my personal opinion. That got me thinking and so here I am sharing my knowledge and experience about the best camping tents for sale.
How to Find the Best Camping Tent:
When you are out camping, you need a tent that offers a number of important features:
Water resistance - To shield against unexpected rain, make sure the tent you choose is water resistant not only from the top and sides but also the ground. You also need to look out for a water resistant ground layer to prevent any water from seeping into the tent. Most tents usually come with inverted seams and water proof ground layer, but just keep a look out for this feature when buying a tent.
Installation – easy to set up. You want to look for a tent that simply needs a quick setup. A tent that takes effort and time to set up will probably ends up killing all the fun for the family. Fortunately, most manufacturers understand this fact and design the tents for an easy and quick installation.
Capacity – depending on your use, whether you want a 2-person, 4 person or 8-person tent. If you are a frequent camper, its best to invest in a 4-person tent. The benefit of a 4 person tent is that it is spacious enough and easy to carry. You can ask friends to join you or if you have a small family then this one can easily fit you all.
Peak height – Since you will be going in and out, you need a tent in which you are not stooping all the time. If you are taller, then go for a peak height of more than 4.5 feet.
Ventilation – You might not need ventilation when the weather is great, but you will definitely need ventilation when camping in the summers. Make sure the tent you choose is properly ventilated.
After years of camping experience, judging product quality from their descriptions comes naturally. I make it a habit to read out most customer reviews for a tent before I buy any gear.
Top 5 Camping Tents
5. Coleman 4 Person Instant Tent
Rating: 4.6 / 5.0
On my personal list, no.5 is the Coleman 4 Person Instant Tent. With pre-attached poles, this instant tent takes a minute to pop-up or packed in. You can easily set up a queen sized air bed in it. The tent also has 2 storage pockets inside to keep your necessities.
- Sturdy, less likely to rip than other tents due to thick material. The Coleman 4-person tent is made of material twice the thickness of standard tent material. This makes is really strong and hard to rip.
- The Coleman 4 person instant tent takes less than 60 second of installation – It comes with pre-attached poles so you cannot make a mistake in which pole to attach where.
- The best feature of this tent is that it is really spacious. Measuring at 8 x 7 ft. floor dimensions, it seems like a mini room. Even if you put a queen sized air bed in the tent, you still have a bit of space left. An even better idea would be to use sleeping bags instead of an airbed. That way you will have more space and may even be able to squeeze in a 5th person.
- The tent is easy to carry and only weighs about 18 pounds.
- Peak height is only 4.17 feet. If you are on the taller side (5’10’’ or taller) this might be an issue. It could be inconvenient for you since you will have to bend quite a lot and would find it difficult to spend time inside.
- The tent poles are made of steel. While steel is strong, it is weightier. Other manufacturers are using fiberglass poles which are much more flexible and lightweight. Nevertheless, since the entire tent is still considered lightweight so you might not want to overthink this.
- Although the tent is not completely waterproof, it is highly water resistant. Inverted seams on the ground layer ensure water won’t be seeping in your tent.
Coleman 4 Person Instant Tent Video Review
Overall, I think the Coleman 4 person tent would be a great choice due to its size, easy installation and capacity. When I am investing in any product, I personally don’t mind paying a little extra and buying a bigger or better version. So if you are planning to buy a 2 person tent, I would say pay a bit more and buy this 4 person tent. Check out and order this amazing tent from Amazon for a great price!
4. Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
Perfect for large hiking groups or friends, this tent can accommodate up to 10 persons. The tent has a dimension of 20 feet by 10 feet and a peak height of 78 inches.
- 3 doors for privacy – this tent has a main door in the middle and 2 side doors offering you some much needed privacy when you are with a large group.
- The tent has 6 windows for increased ventilation and a wide view from inside.
- The taped fly seams installed on this tent offer strong water resistance.
- The tent is quite spacious. You can fit up to 3 queen sized air beds and still have room to move about. I think this is a great feature especially since it can get crowded when you are a large party.
- The high-quality poles used to set up this tent speak of the tent’s durability and stability. You certainly don’t want the tent collapsing with a gust of strong wind.
- The front door even has a canopy to provide shade from the sun.
- Heavy due to its big size and capacity – Of course the tradeoff for larger size and more capacity is weight. The tent weighs 30 pounds.
- The tent is a bit expensive, which is justified given its great features and space.
- The Ozark Trail Cabin tent not waterproof but is definitely water resistant. But then again water resistant is enough for most of your camping needs.
Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent Video Review
The Ozark 10 Person Tent is an excellent choice for commercial use by travel companies that organize camping and hiking trips, sports clubs or businesses renting outdoor equipment. Or if you are a camping enthusiast and have a large social circle, then this tent is the ultimate choice for you. You can place your order for this tent on Amazon.
3. Coleman Tenaya Lake 8 Person Fast Pitch Instant Cabin Camping Tent
Rating: 4.1 / 5.0
This is the perfect tent, if you are a professional camper or organize camping trips. Whether you are with friends or family, the Coleman Tenaya Lake 8 Person Fast Pitch Instant Camping Tent is perfect for a night party in the woods. It is spacious with dimensions 13 ft. 6 in. X 9 ft. and can sleep up to 8 people. I took this to our family gathering in the woods and it was real fun for a late night game of cards!
- Fast set-up: The poles for this tent are pre-attached, and has color-coded tops and hubs, so there is no confusion in setting up. This is a very smart feature in large tents that have more than 3 poles. Added to this are fast-fit feet and snag-free Insta-Clip suspension for you ease. The whole tent takes about 9 minutes to set up which is quite reasonable.
- Illumiline reflective guy lines are more visible at night. This is a great feature as it helps avid trips and falls in the dark.
- WeatherTec welded floor and inverted seams to keep water out. The tent offers up to 75% more water resistance than others.
- Built-in closet with shelves and hanger bar – this is actually quite thoughtful of the manufacturers. Particularly when you are spending more than 1 night outdoors, the closet is very useful. So next time you are out there, no need to rummage through bags!
- The tent has a good center height of 6 feet 4 inches for easy movement. Tall people can easily stand upright inside.
- Spacious - This 13 feet*9 feet tent fits 2 queen sized air beds and even has a room divider for extra privacy.
- Similar to the Ozark 10 people tent, this tent is also quite heavy due to higher capacity. But I personally wouldn’t mind the weight when this cool blue tent has so much to offer.
Coleman Tenaya Lake 8 Person Fast Pitch Tent Video Review
Overall, this is a tent great for both domestic and commercial use. If you are a camping champion like me, then you certainly need this tent. It is also a great investment for sports and mountaineering clubs, local businesses that rent out camping equipment and other outdoor activity related businesses. For those of you who live near the coasts, I think this would be a great investment for emergency measures against weather disasters. Next time, a hurricane or tornadoes hits your area, simply put this tent in your car and move to a safer zone. Order this cool tent from Amazon today.
2. Sundome 2 Person Tent
Rating: 4.6 / 5.0
This one is best for occasional campers or if you like to go on a romantic camping trip with your special one. Made of Polyester taffeta 75 denier flysheet, this tent sleeps 2 people and comes with an Electric accessibility port. It also features a shade for shade and rain protection. My brother in law brought this one to our camping trip and its super cool.
- Easy and quick to set-up - this tent features fiberglass poles and is extremely lightweight at 7.75 pounds. It hardly takes about 15 minutes to set up even if you are using it the first time.
- This is one tent that’s really water proof. The hooded fly for ventilation even when it is raining keep you dry but lets the air breeze through.
- Inner storage pocket. Living in a tent can be difficult when we are used to living comfortably at home. Internal storage pockets are very useful to store your gear.
- This tent also features a ceiling loop for hanging your lantern. Overhead lighting is much more convenient and really lights up the room rather than a lantern on the floor.
- The Sundome tent is made of Polyethylene 1000D which is tough and durable.
- The door gives for easy entry and exit; while you can adjust the vent window for ventilation. The vent window is designed to provide privacy while maintaining its core function.
- Not very spacious – the tent only sleeps in 2 people. So if you like to go solo, or with a friend or partner, that’s great.
Sundome 2 Person Tent Video Review
Overall, the Sundome 2 Person Tent is great for 1 or 2 persons and it’s easy on the pocket too. This affordable tent is a must buy if you are just starting out on your camping obsession. Order this compact tent from Amazon today and plan your camping trip soon!
1. Sundome 4 Person Tent
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
If you have a small family (1-2 kids) or just 2-3 friends going camping, then this is the perfect tent with dimensions 94.4*82.6* 49.2 inches and peak height of 59 inches. This amazing tent has fiberglass poles and even comes with an electric access port.
- The Sundome 4 person tent has a spacious interior so you can sleep or laze in it comfortably. It can fit one queen sized air bed with room to move about. Although, we prefer do ditch the airbed and go with sleeping bags. It is much more convenient and we pack up the sleeping bags in a corner so we have room during the day.
- This roomy tent also has storage pockets so you can store your items easily. Storage pockets for me are an absolute must when we are camping. It helps us remain organized.
- With fiberglass poles the Sundome 4 person tent is easy to set-up. The first time I used it, it set it up with-in 8 minutes flat.
- Not only does this tent have large windows; it also has ground vents for proper ventilation.
- The Insta-Clip™ Pole Attachments stand up to wind; while the WeatherTec™ patented welded floors and inverted seams keep water out.
- The Sundome tent comes with a limited 1 year warranty. But since its good quality, you really won’t be having any issues.
Sundome 4 Person Tent Video Review
Overall, this is the ideal camp for a weekend outdoors or if you are a first time camper or you enjoy camping with a bunch of friends. It is my absolute all-time favorite tent when I take my wife and son for a night out in the woods. When I first ordered this tent, I wasn’t sure it would turn out to be this great. I feel like it’s the perfect size – not too big, but spacious. I use this tent most often for its great features and size. If you like this tent, you can order one for yourself from Amazon today.
So this is my review on the best camping tents for sale. I can personally vouch for three of these tents as I have experience in using them. Two of them are in my personal collection too (the Coleman Tenaya Lake 8 Person Instant Tent and the Sundome 4 Person Tent. I hope you find these reviews helpful when you shop for the best camping tent.