Hydration Packs are great Hiking gears that come with hydration systems & also help to carry other hiking essentials. A hydration system i.e. water reservoir is important for hiking as it allows you to hydrate during your hiking trail. Hydration Packs are very practical and vital for speed during hiking.
The Best Hydration Packs for Hiking are;
1. Source Dune X-FIT
Rating: 4.8 / 5.0
Source Dune X-fit is a well-designed hydration pack that has great functionality.
- It measure 0.97 x 11.81 x 16.54 Inches and weighs 1.22 pounds.
- Its outstanding feature, the innovative (x-fit) shoulder straps system is made with simple straps that adapt to body movements, eliminating movement restrictions.
- The Source Dune X-Fit is a lightweight hydration pack that is durable and comes with 70-denier ripstop nylon & a breathable mesh foam that has an air channel for better ventilation. The chest strap which can be adjustable by height and the wide comfortable hip belt offer additional stability to the user.
- Has two zippered hip-belt pockets which come in handy for easy accessibility. There is also a hydration pocket and front end pocket that is best for storing items which are often needed during hiking.
- This pack is also equipped with light holders, hiking poles attachment system & a bungee cord that can be used to attach rain jacket or other apparels.
- Source Dune X-Fit hydration pack comes with Source WLP hydration system that holds up to 1.5l of water.
- There are a lot of technologies that have been used to make this pack’s water reservoir system; Taste Free technology, Glass film technology for smooth surface and the Grunge Guard technology to for microbial protection. All these technologies make the reservoir resistant to bacterial growth thus water safety is guaranteed.
- It’s Fitting
- Offers Stability
- Has a Hydration System
- Easy Accessible Hip Belt Pockets
- Contains Equipment holders
- It has a small storage capacity hence it is best for short-term activities
Source Dune X-FIT is a popular hydration pack that is loved by hikers. It has a great design, solid construction and never leaks.It costs $98.96 in Amazon.
2. Osprey Rev 1.5
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
Osprey Rev 1.5 is one of the smallest yet one of the best hiking hydration packs.
- Measure 4 x 8x 15 inches and weighs 1.15 pounds.
- It offers a great fit as well as comfort. The highly breathable shoulder straps and the back-panel provide comfort while the two sternum straps offer stability and fitting. The reverse Spacer mesh on the back panel has a soft, irritation-free area of contact for ultimate comfort & high-activity performance
- Osprey Rev 1.5 is a relatively short pack that doesn’t have a hip belt and doesn’t cover the lumbar area. However, it has two chest straps that prevents it from bouncing during hiking. Its stretch-body wrap feature is designed to make the pack move with you during involving activities.
- Although it is a small pack, it surprisingly has the best options for storing essentials.it is equipped with mesh harness pockets, shoulder strap media pocket,( a removable drop-down digi-flip media pocket) which is used for holding smartphone devices. It also has the shoulder strap mesh pocket and the front zippered pocket which is lined with fleece providing a perfect storage location for fragile items .e.g. sunglasses.
- Osprey Rev 1.5 has an LT water reservoir that holds up to 1.5L of water. The reservoir is designed with polythene and has an anti-microbial film that prevents micro-organisms growth.
Osprey Rev 1.5 Video Review
- Great Stability
- Has Multiple Pockets
- Has Relatively narrow cap-closure
Osprey Rev 1.5 is an impressive hydration pack that doesn’t go wrong with customers. Its functionality, stability and comfort is why it’s among the best pack for hikers. It costs $49.99 in Amazon
3. Source Rapid
Source Rapid Hydration Pack bears a lot of similarities to Source Dune X-fit although it is a little bit bigger hence a suitable pack for those who need a big hydration system and space to store their gears.
- Just like Source Dune X-fit, Source Rapid is made of lightweight 70-denier nylon ripstop. Its back-panel is made up of a breathable mesh fabric that has an air channel for better ventilation.
- It is a lightweight Pack with great storage options. The front side has a detachable pouch that has a 2liter storage water reservoir and a space for storing hiking gears and accessories. The pouch is attached to the pack with the straps hence it can be detached if you want to reduce the pack’s weight.
- For stability and comfort, Source Rapid comes with an adjustable chest strap (which contains an emergency whistle) and removable waist belt.
- Its Source WidePac hydration system comes with 2 or 3 liter water reservoir. The reservoir can be easily cleaned as it has a wide opening. Its Rounded Helix bite valve delivers a complete water flow and a built-in safety shut-off mechanism
- Comes with multiple Storage options
- Has Hydration System
- Has a detachable pouch
- Its Hip-Belt is very narrow.
Source Dune X-Fit is dedicated to bringing functional, original and long-lasting gear to those who are in love with outdoor activities. It Costs $85-$90 in Amazon.
4. Zomake Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
Zomake is designed for day to day use or short time travel adventures such as hiking. It works as a day-trip pack, a carry-on or a small backpack. It has a sleek and stylish design with an exceptionally accommodating packing space.
- Convenient and Lightweight. Zomake weighs only 8.8 oz. and adds no unnecessary weight to your load. It can be folded easily into small a pocket and therefore you can pack it in another back.
- For Storage its main pocket is large enough.it has a 20 liter storage capacity. The several pockets come in handy for convenience and organization. It has a roomy main compartment and features an internal zippered pocket, front zipper pocket for storing small items and an open two-mesh side pockets for quick access of items such as water bottles or camera.
- Zomake is a waterproof hydration pack that is made with a water-repellant & tear resistant nylon material.
- This hydration pack is made with breathable mesh shoulder straps. Its straps can be adjusted easily and be firmly locked. It made with a two-way abrasion resistant material.
Zomake Ultra Lightweight Packable Backpack Video Review
- A good pack for hikers who are carrying a lot of items.
- It’s big and can be unnecessarily heavy.
Zomake ultra-light backpack is one of the best yet cheapest hydration pack with a large carrying capacity. It Costs $15.99 in amazon.
5. CamelBak Octane XCT
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
For hikers who want a bigger and fitting hydration pack, CamelBak Octane XCT is the best choice.
- Measures 4 x 7x 17 inches and weighs 0.71 pounds.
- CamelBak Octane XCT features a 3 liter antidote water reservoir and an additional water storage capacity of 0.5 liters. The Antidote water Reservoir features Quick-Link System, lightweight fill-port, dryer arms, center baffling easy open &close cap, and a low-profile design
- This hiking hydration pack is designed for comfort. It has a well ventilated back-panel that is made of foam for great breathability. It is an ultra –light pack that is equipped with hip-belt and chest strap for better stability.
- CamelBak Octane XCT is equipped with multiple pockets for storage .it has two shoulder straps pockets, two zippered hip belt pockets and a big zippered front pocket. The shoulder straps pockets and hip belt pockets allow easy access for stored items such as power bars, while the front pocket can be used to store cell phone or key clip.
- CamelBak is one of the few hydration packs that have dryer arms .it also has quick-link which allows connection of accessories such as water filter to the reservoir.
- It is a great hydration pack for hikers and can hold up to 3 liters of water while still offering comfort and stability to the user.
CamelBak Octane XCT Video Review
- Great Stability
- Has multiple Pockets
- Has Hydration System
- The valve and lock mechanism can sometimes lead to leakage if it’s not locked correctly.
It Costs $81.59 in Amazon