If you are an outdoor enthusiast, you should be equipped with the right ice cooler for your camping trip. Ice coolers come in different sizes, shapes and colors. However, some can’t keep your foods and drinks cold. We understand that choosing the right ice cooler is not an easy task. That’s why we have summarized for you the top brands as an all-inclusive guide to help you choose the best ice coolers for camping.
Here is a list of the Best Ice Coolers for Camping
Top 5 Best Ice Coolers for Camping
1. YETI Tundra 65
Rating: 4.4 / 5.0
This is the perfect ice cooler for almost every outdoor situation. It features a high quality insulation performance making it perfect for storing drinks and food. It’s fitted with permafrost insulation to keep everything on the inside cool. In fact, it can easily keep your contents cold for long weekends. In addition, the sturdy construction makes it virtually indestructible. The rugged exterior can stand up many years of use.
Tundra cooler comes with military-grade polyester LipGrip handles which makes carrying it around less of a chore. On the other hand, it’s fitted with large O-ring on top which keeps the contents cold for a long period. YETI Tundra 65 sits in the high-end price range. This ice cooler is a great investment; you can be assured it will last a lifetime thanks to the brilliant construction.
YETI Tundra 65 Video Review
- It’s durable
- It’s portable
- Delivers great insulation performance
- It’s leak-proof
- The inter-lock lid system creates a form-fitting barrier against heat
- It can easily be mounted on a trailer, boat etc
- It’s a bit expensive compared to other ice coolers in the same category
2. Igloo Yukon Cold Locker Cooler
Rating: 4.4 / 5.0
The ice cooler features a sturdy construction; hence it can be used even in the harshest environments. One of the strongest facts about the cooler is the ability to keep the ice frozen for about 7 to 14 days. Further, it’s fitted with 3-inch of polyurethane insulation to minimize surface contact. Yukon comes with UV inhibitors to protect the cooler from sun damage. The hinges are made of stainless steel, so you are guaranteed they won’t rust.
To ensure it’s easy to move around, the wide grip integrated handles are designed to accommodate different hand sizes. Likewise, the tethered drain plugs eases cleaning. The cooler is available in multiple color schemes which give one an array of choices to suit his or her preference. The Igloo Yukon is an above average performer. It comes with a reasonable price tag.
Igloo Yukon Cold Locker Cooler Video Review
- The high quality hardware and sturdy construction makes it a tough competitor
- The riser technology makes it perfect for use even in the harshest conditions
- The MaxCold thermal barrier makes sure no cold air can escape
- It’s available in white, tan, and camo colors to appeal many people
- It features a nice drain plug leash
- The large exterior makes it difficult to fit in tight places
3. Pelican Elite Cooler
Rating: 4.1 / 5.0
Pelican is a high-end cooler capable of retaining ice for a whooping 10 days thanks to the 2 inch of polyurethane insulation. The external measurements are 26.41 inches by 20 inches by 18.75 inches length, width and height respectively. It features 70 quart internal volume and molded handles that are more predictable in their direction of pull compared to other models. The dual handle system makes it easy to transport around when it’s fully loaded. In fact, it’s wide enough to accommodate gloved hands.
Another, eye-catching feature is the ability to drain without having to remove it from your car. The cooler is made of hard-molded plastic. In addition, it’s fitted with a reinforced lockable hasp and 3 inch locking latches. The Pelican Elite cooler comes with an impressive lifetime guarantee. Once you break it, it will be replaced. NOTE: The warranty is only against breakage or defects.
- It’s one of the least priced high models
- It’s easy to clean and use
- The dual handles feel very comfortable
- It’s highly insulated
- It’s durable
- It’s too bulky and heavy. It barely fits in the boot of a standard car
4. Engel's Eng65 Cooler
Rating: 4.3 / 5.0
The Engel Eng65 cooler is built to last a lifetime. It’s fitted with two inches of polyurethane insulation to keep all the contents cool. So far, it has proved its capability of holding ice up to 10 days. This makes it perfect for outdoor camping, hunting, and fishing trips. The cooler comes with duo-lock security holes and stainless steel latches for a secure closure.
On the other hand, it features a durable construction thanks to the solid handles and hinges. You can actually jump up and down without breaking it. The TruHold Lid keeps everything safe when boating or rafting. The extended handles make it easy for two people to carry the cooler around.
Engel's Eng65 Cooler Video Review
- It comes with built-in bottle opener
- It’s fitted with a unique lid seal
- It’s available in small dimensions; hence it can fit in tight places
- It’s durable
- It’s reasonably priced
- It has small carrying capacity
5. ORCA 58 Quart Cooler
Rating: 4.6 / 5.0
It’s big enough to accommodate everything you may need in your trip. It has a holding capacity of up to 58 quarts. This is one of the best brands in the industry. The roto-molded construction makes it durable. It also comes with a perfect seal. You can take it to the beach or use it for your fishing and hunting trip. This cooler is fitted with an easy to pour sprout. Despite the fact that it falls in the heavy weight category, the manufacturer has not compromised on quality. I bought Orca a year ago and still looks good as new.
- The flexible handles make it easy to carry around
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- There are different colors to choose from
- It comes with a tight -fitting lid gasket and easy drainage spout
- A cargo net is attached for added storage
- Compared to other models of the same capacity, it appears to be a little overpriced
The above ice coolers are from reputable brands with extensive knowledge in cooling technology. To know the best ice coolers for camping, you should consider the foods and drinks you wish to carry in your camping trip and for how long. The ice coolers you choose will make a big difference in your camping trip.