Ever wonder the Best Pocket Knife Sharpener? Hunting, cooking, house repairs, combat, backpacking and opening packages have one thing in common: they all require a good knife.The problem arises when you have the best folding knife or finest of them all but it is blunt. It is essential to have a sharp knife.All blades get dull edges with time and instead of looking for a professional every time, invest on a good knife sharpener.Because I know the challenges one has to face when looking for a unique portable knife sharpener, here is a list of the 5 best pocket knife sharpener:
Best Pocket Knife Sharpener
Top 5 Best Pocket Knife Sharpener
1. Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener
Rating: 4.4 / 5.0
Smith’s PP1 Pocket Pal is a multi-functional knife sharpener. It has ceramic stones and fixed crossed carbides which offer the ideal edge. Carbides give the great setting and the exclusive ceramic stones provide you with a sharp edge be it on serrated or standard edges. The sharpener is lightweight, compact and features a lanyard hole.
The Smith’s sharpener is sleek and slender which makes it perfect for hikers, fishermen, and hunters who wish to make sure their pocket knives maintain the sharpest edge.
- It comes with a ceramic finishing.
- It is lightweight, making it portable
- The sharpener features carbide blades which easily set the edge
- The fixed sharpening angles guarantee the best results.
- Its ceramic stones and carbide blades are replaceable thus durable.
- The tapered diamond rod sharpens gut hooks and serrations
How To Use The Smith’s Pocket, Pal
- In the V-shaped slot, insert the blade of the knife and position it at an angle of 90 degrees to the ceramic stones or the sharpening edge.
- Move the blade of the knife back and forth until it is sharp
- Ensure the rod side is facing downwards. On the diamond rod, position the heel of the blade.
- The blade should be at an angle of 23 degrees to the rod.
- While sharpening, push the knife forward.
- Pull the knife backward to ensure the edge of the blade gets off the end of the rod. Do this repeatedly until the knife blade is sharp.
- To sharpen the other side of the blade, alternate the hands holding the knife and the sharpener and repeat the above steps (1-4)
- You should only sharpen the serrated side of the knife.
- Place the rods at an angle of 23 degrees pull it back and push it forward via every serration until it is sharp.
Smith's PP1 Pocket Pal Multifunction Sharpener Video Review
2. Gelindo 3 Stage Knife Sharpener
Rating: 4.3 / 5.0
The Gelindo is a 3-stage knife sharpener that permits you to easily sharpen your blades. The first of its three slots is a diamond rod for ceramic blades. The second has a tungsten carbide rod, which is perfect for the extra-blunt knives. And the third has a ceramic sharpening stone to provide an extremely sharp edge to the sharp blades.
- The Gelindo has a 3-stage sharpening system for quick sharpening of the blades with just 3 to 4 pulls.
- Works on a variety of knives. The sharpening system of the Gelindo can work on both steel and ceramic knives and handles all sizes such as hunting knives, folding knives, military knives, and fishing knives.
- Made of high-quality materials – ceramic rods, ABS plastic, top-grade diamond and tungsten carbide- that ensures durability.
- Offers a lifetime warranty
- It has a rubber base that offers greater stability and also a long handle to ensure your hand is away from the blade thus preventing accidental injuries.
What I like most about the Gelindo is the fact that I do not have to worry about positioning my blade at a given angle.
NOTE: Gelindo knife sharpener cannot work on serrated knives.
Gelindo 3 Stage Knife Sharpener Video Review
3. Sharpopro Knife Sharpener
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
The SharpoPro knife sharpener is ideal for kitchen knives and pocket knives. We all have experienced that moment you want to slice a fruit only to find your knife blunt, fortunately, you can avoid all those frustrations. The SharpoPro manual sharpener is the perfect solutions for those knives that can barely cut a tomato.
It is a 4-wheel, stainless steel and a basic knife sharpener that gets rid of all the toil-and-grind, giving you the sharpest blade.
- 60-day money back guarantee.
- Rubber base for maximum stability
- Safe, clean and simple to use
- Exclusive design with high performance
- Durable, sturdy and has an expert look.
- The sharpener is totally economical and requires no maintenance. It is hassle-free; no batteries, no electricity, and no oiling.
- Compact, making it portable.
To use it you just need to move the blade of the knife a few times through the sharpener and you can slice that fruit.
How The Sharpopro Works:
- Hold the handle firmly and make sure the rubber base is on a stable and strong surface.
- Position the heel of the knife in any of the four sharpening blades.
- Apply more pressure to move the knife back and forth via the four blades
- Do this repeatedly until the blade is sharp.
REMEMBER: When sharpening, concentrate on the tip of the cutting part as it is mostly blunter than the other parts due to regular use. Finally, when smoothing the blade, use minimal pressure while moving the knife through the carbon steel washers.
NOTE: The Sharpopro knife sharpener cannot sharpen both ceramic and serrated knives.
4. BlizeTec Knife Sharpener
Rating: 4.3 / 5.0
This is a portable device with a shape of a pen. It can sharpen nearly all kinds of knives. It has three edges: the flat edge is for items with standard surfaces (ceramic kitchen knife, pruners, survival knife, and scissors.) The serrated edge is for knives with serrations and the groove edge is for hook surface items. BlizeTec knife sharpener is classic, lightweight and made to last. The 3-in-1 knife sharpener is ideal for all your indoor and outdoor activities. This remarkable pen-shape sharpener can bring back the “sharpness” of any type of knife instantly.
- It has a sturdy diamond-electroplated rod, made of 3 sharpening edges that can sharpen any indoor or outdoor tool.
- The sharpener is portable, long-lasting, easy to roam around with and environmentally friendly.
- The diamond coated knife together with the aluminum handle increases the sharpening function.
- Multi-functional; best for outdoor adventures like camping, hiking, gardening, and fishing. On the other hand, you can use it to sharpen indoor items including scissors and kitchen knives.
- Made to bring back all knives back to original state with just one or two strokes.
- It has a lifetime warranty.
The BlizeTec 3-in-1 sharpener is all you need, you do not require a complicated sharpener while you can acquire one that offers all the basics.
5. Buck Knives 97070 Retractable Diamond Pocket Knife Sharpener
Rating: 4.3 / 5.0
The Diamond sharpener comes in a retractable pen style barrel with tapered edges for serrated knives, flat edges for standard blades and groove edges for hook blades. It is versatile, portable, long-lasting and simple to carry around. I purchased mine some years back and even after several sharpening swipes it still works effectively. It is quite affordable and easy to use. It features a long tapered edge that narrows to an incredibly fine tip making it ideal for sharpening any size of serrated tools.
I use my Retractable Diamond pocket knife sharpener for indoor and outdoor activities. I find it fascinating that I can slide it in my pocket and take it wherever I go. If your pocket knife hardly leaves your pocket –just like mine- this is the perfect knife sharpener for you.
- It has an exclusive pen style barrel
- The tapered edge for blades with serrations has 400 medium grit
- It has a groove edge for hook blades and a flat edge for standard blades
- Durable, portable and versatile
- It offers a lifetime warranty.