Best Saltwater Fishing Kayak
Kayaks are hunting boats that are used especially to hunt whales, walruses and seals. They are famous for their portability and their ability to access remote locations. They are becoming popular among fishermen because they are cheaper to purchase than a motorboat, mush easier to transport and store and provide a stable area for fishing. If you are thinking of trying kayak fishing, you should know that kayak fishing is a lot safer and easier, than it looks. There are different types of kayaks for saltwater as well as for freshwater. Let’s review some of the best saltwater fishing kayaks:
Click here for the Best Saltwater Fishing Kayak available on Amazon
Here is a list of the Best Saltwater Fishing Kayak
Saltwater Fishing Kayak
Top Five Best Saltwater Fishing Kayak
Ocean Kayak Prowler Big-Game Angler II Fishing-Kayak 2016:
Ocean Kayak Prowler Big-Game Angler II
Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Looking for a high capacity fishing kayak that will easily carry all the important things? Prowler Big-Game Angler is the best option for those anglers, looking for a kayak that offers sufficient room and excellent stability without sacrificing performance.
In addition to stability and quality performance, Game Angler II has many other outstanding features including:
- Comfortable carrying handles – With its comfortable, non-slip handles, you can carry this kayak easily before or after your fishing expedition
- Adjustable support track foot brace system –This is yet another excellent feature that adds to the stability of the kayak.
- Paddle keepers – The paddle keepers ensure your paddles are safely stored while not in use.
- Available in four different designs – The multiple designs ensures there are more options to suit any buyer depending on their individual preference.
Other features include:
- In-mold seat well.
- Six accessory mounting plates.
- Large rear tank well with bungee.
- 13 x 3 x 2 inches
It is one of the best kayaks for offshore fishing. You can use it all day long because of its comfortable seat.
- It has an ideal weight of 80 pounds that makes it easier to use.
- Ability to adjust rods without even standing up from the chair.
- You can enjoy sitting for a long time without having a backache.
- The only problem with Game Angler II is its weight. It is difficult to move and is very heavy.
This kayak offers best features with affordable price. I bought this model after an extensive research and you can’t beat this kayak in its working. Its features are just amazing; the comfortable seat, the option of mounting equipment and the storage space. You can’t even imagine its speed and stability on the water. I always prefer low mounted seat and this kayak provide all the benefits in one place.
Overall, Game Angler II is a very good kayak for offshore fishing. You can use it whenever you want. It also has a storage place so you can take beers with you while going on fishing.
Ocean Kayak-12-Feet Malibu Two-Tandem Sit-On-Top Recreational-Kayak:
Ocean Kayak-12-Feet Malibu Two-Tandem Kayak
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
The most popular Sit-On-Top kayak in the world. A lightweight kayak that is suitable for two adults with a small child or pet. Its speed and simplicity in design makes it perfect to use on water. If you love solo paddling, you can enjoy the center seat by yourself.
The most common features of 12-Feet Malibu Two are:
- Carrying Capacity - One cannot ignore the space and capacity when looking for a kayak, 12- Feet Malibu Two is designed in such a way that it can hold 375 to 425 pounds. In addition to this, it has three seats which makes it suitable for a couple with a child.
- Sit-on-top design – This design not only offers a better view while fishing but is also ideal for children who might want to have some view of the ocean.
- Center seat for solo paddling – This seat is designed for solo paddling and it not only offers a better view of the way ahead but balance as well.
- Side mounted carrying handles – For ease of reach, this kayak features handles that are mounted on the sides.
- 144 x 34 x 13 inches
Malibu Two is a compact kayak with a higher level of stability. It can quickly regain balance in waves and is very versatile.
- Solo and tandem paddling.
- Versatile and stable.
- It can be operated easily and can be used by handicapped people.
- Limited color choice, but most people prefer its orange color.
- Small width of the kayak.
I bought this kayak few days ago for fishing with my wife and by myself. It handles waves very well and although not too fast, it can cover a large area in small time. The only I have is with the storage space. You cannot have an ample space to store some fresh things to eat while fishing on this kayak. However, it’s a very good kayak if you want to enjoy fishing or surfing with your family.
In conclusion, 12-Feet Malibu Two allows comfortable paddling as well as sitting. It has an additional seat for a child or a pet. You can purchase it at a very affordable price.
Ocean Kayak-Caper Classic-Recreational Sit-On-Top Kayak:
Ocean Kayak-Caper Classic-Recreational Kayak
Rating: 4.9 / 5.0
This Caper delivers big fun even with its small size. Ideal for the people with impressive weights, this kayak can be used anywhere for fishing and surfing. This Caper is versatile, stable and matches the performance of bigger boats.
The most common features of Caper Classic are:
- Comfortable seat – You not only get to do fishing but do so in an easy and comfortable position.
- Click seal bow hatch – Not only is this bow hatch waterproof but also gives the kayak cabin some lightness and fresh air.
- Cup-holder – These holders ensure the cups are firmly held in position.
- Molded in foot rests – This design is an excellent addition to comfort while kayaking.
Other features include:
- Padded carry handles.
- Stable and versatile with a higher performance level.
- Also suitable for middle aged people.
- Relatively light weight of approximately 47 lbs.
- No milk crate option but the right cooler act as a perfect substitute.
I am a woman and do not have an excellent strength and stamina to handle kayak fishing, but Caper classic made it possible for me to go on fishing and surfing. I can easily handle the Caper on water even in moderate wind. Cup-holders are very nicely made to keep some necessary equipment. I usually place my lipstick or sunglasses in them. the only issue is that the storage space is not large enough but it handles some coolers very nicely. Overall, I highly recommend Caper kayak for fishing and surfing.
Caper Classic is a very stable and an excellent kayak. Middle and old age people can also enjoy fishing with this kayak. It is also available at a very affordable price.
Ocean Kayak-Scramble 11 Sit-On-Top Recreational-Kayak:
Ocean Kayak-Scramble 11 Recreational-Kayak
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
With a window in the hull, this kayak is the best option if you want to take a kid with you on fishing or surfing. It’s a super stable kayak providing you with the opportunity to stand on it. If you are looking for fun with your family or to keep interest in the water, Scramble-11 is the best alternative to use on water.
The most common features of Scramble 11 are:
- Sit-On-Top kayak design – As already seen in one of the models, this is perfect for offering view while fishing.
- Paddle keepers – These enable you to safely keep your paddles.
- Skid plate – Consider this a safety measure when the kayak accidentally skids on water or even while docking.
- Stern handles and built-in bow – These are features designed to ease the paddling experience as well as reduce the burden of what one has to carry to the kayak each time you need to go fishing.
Other features include:
- Tri-Forum hull design.
- 139 x 40 x 13 inches
Scramble 11 uses Tri-Forum hull design that makes it very charming to use. Its durability, stability and tracking has been improved making it one of the best kayak.
- Stable and speedy. It handles ripples very well.
- Light in weight.
- Internal storage.
- It keeps the tracks straight saving your energy.
- Very Long, Needs a large place to fit in like your garage.
- To seal the drain holes, you have to buy stoppers by yourself.
One of the best and oldest kayaks, Scramble-11 is very light and easy to carry. I bought it like years ago and never wanted to buy any other because of its speed and stability. While enjoying on the water, you will see that it handles waves of the water very smoothly. The only problem is its seat; you can only use it for 2-3 hours.
Scramble 11 is one of the best Sit-On-Top kayaks. Its comfortable seat protects you from backache even if you paddle for all-day.
Ocean-Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Recreational-Kayak:
Ocean-Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Recreational-Kayak
Rating: 4.8 / 5.0
Looking for short, lightweight and affordable fun for you and your family? Look at this Frenzy Sit-On-Top recreational kayak. It has an additional feature for good tracking and stability. You can easily store it because of its small size. It gives you all the fun you need on the water.
The most common features of Frenzy are:
- Sit-On –Top recreational design for maximum control of the kayak and better view of the way ahead.
- Short length – This makes its storage and transportation easy.
- Long durability due to replaceable rear skid.
- Cup-holder and molded side handles.
- Comfortable seat.
- Easy to carry because of handles.
- Suitable for beginners with having a high compatibility rate.
- At times, there is the challenge of lack of storage area.
It has been the best kayak I have had for the relaxation on the water. It is stable and offers a great room for storage. It is easy to carry and transport this kayak. I did a lot a lot of research before buying, most of my need would be that it would be able to handle ripples very well, which it has amazed me with. I highly recommend this kayak if you want to enjoy your relaxed time on water.
Overall, it’s a very good kayak for tracking and surfing. The size and weight is also an additional feature making it easy to carry.