Best Shooting Gloves for Shotguns
There are a variety of shooting devices such as rifles, shotguns and handguns. They have their differences. While using high impact devices like shotguns, we must keep our organs especially hands, sufficiently secure. Hand bear the maximum impact while holding the shotgun and therefore, we must take extra care. What better way that using shooting gloves!
* Here is our Top Recommended Shooting Glove for Shotguns on Amazon
Here is a list of the Best Shooting Gloves for Shotguns
The glove is as integral as the gun itself. It is advised never to compromise. They come in a plethora of materials, colors, features and rates. Although expensive, shooting gloves are mandatory. Also, they might wear out quickly while shooting targets, moving targets, moving barricades, clearing malfunctions and stapling.
Gloves also assist to refine the shooting technique and toughen hands. If you are not comfortable with your existing pair, buy different ones but never compromise on using a shotgun without hand gloves.
Top Five Best Shooting Gloves for Shotguns
1. Hatch – NS430 ALL-Weather Neoprene Shooting Gloves
Rating: 4.0 / 5.0
The Hatch brand is well renowned globally. They are popular and tested over period of time by the police and army. These make it to the top of our list owing to their light weight, flexibility, softness and proper fitting qualities. They gloves are ideal for shotgun use and rifle use. Users rave about these gloves being a second skin as the material if very flexible and scores well on dexterity. They are also easy on the wallet and last really long.
- Can be used by both men and women.
- Made using a particular type of neoprene.
- Neoprene is durable and comfortable in all seasons.
- They give a very sturdy grip to shooters giving them the perfect shot.
- Light weight, flexibility, softness and proper fitting qualities.
- A loop along with a hook ensures a snug fit.
- Patches to enable extreme grip patches are sewed within the fingertips and palm.
- Made using long lasting and durable neoprene.
- Firm grip and snug fit – flexibility while having adequate rigidity.
- Material is light in weight and flexible.
- Lower price.
- They do have a drawback. During those cold months, they do not work towards keeping the hands sufficiently warm due to lack of padding.
2. Mechanix Wear MG-55-010 Original Glove
Rating: 4.4 / 5.0
Mechanix make world class gloves and offers a wide range. These have unparalleled reputation to produce gloves to suit a variety of functions and requirements. This model MG-55-010 possesses a well ventilated palm. These gloves are very flexible while lasting for long time.
- Comes in an assortment of colors and sizes to suit all.
- Dual layered finger-tips.
- The material is extra thin.
- The double layer near fingertips enhances protection and decreases wear and tear.
- This dual layer further protects fingers especially from heat in the vicinity.
- Light in weight weighing just 2.9 oz.
- This edition incorporates a palm with superb ventilation.
- Durable yet flexible construction.
- Provides a superb grip for handling the shotgun.
- Very little loss of mobility when handling the weapon although the lycra panels between the fingers overcomes this almost totally while using the shotgun.
3. Bob Allen Black Deluxe Shooting Gloves
Rating: 4.2 / 5.0
Bob Allen present this wonderful pair of hand gloves that stand out in their distinct black. They are constructed from synthetic leather and weigh very light. They fit snugly owing to the loop and hook arrangement. These gloves are high on durability and work well in all weather conditions. The materials are soft yet have sufficient dexterity. They fit snugly and are apt for loading, reloading and shooting a shotgun.
- These gloves appear distinct in complete black.
- Back made using synthetic leather.
- A loop and hook arrangement for a snug fit.
- Knuckles are articulated and perforation at fingers.
- Palm made from leather palm.
- Good ventilation towards the back.
- Good ventilation and apt for long use.
- Adds an element of style to the wearer.
- Fits aptly with the hook & loop arrangement.
- As such great pair however there are quality issues in the stitching.
- Not available in all sizes and size range is limited.
4. Carhartt Men’s Lightweight Shooting Glove – Xtra
Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
Carhartt present the Men’s Lightweight Shooting Glove that are available in a variety of sizes. They are extremely light in weight at just 3.2 ounces and compact dimensions at just 12.00 x 5.70 x 9.00 inches. They are made using apt materials and paddings to work during cold as well as warm weather.
- Made from a combination of Spandex, Polyester and Neoprene.
- These shooting gloves are apt for all weather use.
- They are available in diverse sizes to satisfy range of customers.
- Dimensions are just at 12.00 x 5.70 x 9.00 inches.
- They weigh just 3.2 ounces making them extremely portable.
- They can be hand washed as well as machine washed.
- Palm area is provided with grip made from silicon.
- These gloves are extremely durable.
- They weigh very less at just 3.2 ounces.
- Dimensions are just at 12.00 x 5.70 x 9.00 inches making them extremely portable.
- These gloves can even work on hand touch screens which are quite popular in current times.
- These gloves are great fit with durability.
- The insulation is not appropriate.
- Prices are relatively higher.
5. Muyankissu Military Half-finger Fingerless Tactical Gloves
Rating: 4.1 / 5.0
Muyankissu presents shooting gloves which are fingerless ones amongst the top five. They are ideal for those preferring fingerless ones. They are manufactured using first class leather. This premium material ensures great comfort. Also, they are reliable are serve over a long period of time. Many users prefer to keep this pair as a backup pair.
- Fingerless shooting gloves.
- They are manufactured using high grade leather.
- Available in variety of shades.
- Perfect for shooters preferring fingerless option.
- Serves for long time.
- Fit greatly with a great grip.
- Not well insulated.
There are a number of gloves available for using shotguns. There are full hand gloves and fingerless ones. Personal preference is an important while selecting the perfect pair for your use. Experts recommend purchasing an extra pair for uninterrupted use during weather changes or emergencies. There is no doubt that wearing gloves quickens use of the shotgun and grants additional protection. Further, they also protect hands from bruises and scrapes.
Although, I adore the Mechanix brand, each one must follow their personal preference. Do pay special attention to size, color options and rates. Also, look at the material quality and reputation of the brand in the market. If your location is in a cold zone, do consider ones which grant warmth and sufficient insulation.
Your hands are worth a million dollars. I cannot even dream doing any work without my hands. It is essential to keep them protected. Hand gloves secure hands for many activities including while using shotguns.