Purchasing a survival watch is activity that must be thought through. Such watches are meant to help the users during the critical conditions. Therefore, it is good to consider different types of features to avoid impulse purchases.
Here is a list of the Best Survival Watch with Compass
Survival Watch with Compass
Different Types of Features to Avoid Impulse Purchases
- Accuracy: It is not easy to identify time and direction in woody and rugged environments. For that reason, good watch needs to be accurate in indicating the time and direction when you are lost.
- Water related issues: Sometimes, the environment is very humid especially in the forest. Personally, I am always experienced heavy rains during mountain hikes. The best watch is made with waterproof materials to prevent from damage.
- Power type: The use of survival watches is determined by the source of power. Some watches are Quartz powered, thus, they need batteries to keep them working. The mechanical types do not require any battery to keep them moving. They can run for many years without failing the user.
Top 5 Best Survival Watch with Compass
1. Casio G-Shock Rangeman Triple Sensor Watch
Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
This type of watch is the most reliable one for survival purposes. The G-shock Ranageman can detect the humidity and temperature changes.
In other instances, it gives an alert concerning the pressure changes in the area. Thermometers can detect temperature of about -10 to 60 degree Celsius.
The watch weigh about 9.6 ounces and has a dimension of 4x2x2 inches. It uses battery and solar to keep working all the time. Notably, it has a thermometer, compass, and even altimeter. It shows accurate sunrise and sunset time. It has the best alarm, world time, and timer.
Best Use: it is appropriate for survival situations, camping, and hiking.
Pros: I am always impressed by the stability of this watch. It has a substantial weight that makes it easy to carry and use.
Con: The watch sometimes requires the manual to use which can be in manual form or sent via the email by the manufacturer.
Casio G-Shock Rangeman Triple Sensor Watch Video Review
The watched received different comments from the clients. For example, in August 12, 2014, one of the customers declared how he like watch especially in the line of duty as a police. Again, on July 9, 215, another client from South Africa stated the watch was good and he is loving it.
2. Casio Men's GW7900B-1 G-Shock Black Solar Sport Watch
Rating: 4.2 / 5.0
The survival watch is a characterized by different features that make it more useful in various places. The watch is unique since it uses the sun-powered batteries. They are also rechargeable. Additionally, the radio waves are used to synchronize this atomic clock. It can indicate the sunrise, sunset, and the tidal changes.
It weighs about 8.8 ounces and 6x6x7 inches in size. It applies the Japanese quartz batteries that are rechargeable in a frequent manner. It is resistant to water and shock.
Best Use: it is applicable in professional marine tasks and critical surface water games.
Pros: it updates and synchronizes after every hour. Therefore, there is no risk of having wrong time.
Con: the watch is not appropriate for scuba diving.
Casio Men's GW7900B-1 G-Shock Solar Sport Watch Video Review
On June 24, 2015, a client responded that the watch was long lasting for it lasted for 3 good years of use. January 30, 2016, another client gave several comments:
- The solar charging system did not work adequately
- The watch sometimes made some very dark displays
3. Casio PRW2500-1A Digital ProTrek Pathfinder Black Watch
Rating: 4.4 / 5.0
The model is appropriate, especially when in an emergency or in the middle of the wilderness. It gives a clear outline of the moon phases, sunset and sunrises and tidal phase. Additionally, the watch performs accurately that makes it more reliable. It is capable of indicate the right direction, especially when lost.
It weighs about 12 ounces and 6x6x7 inches in size. The battery is rechargeable by the solar. It has an accurate compass, time, altimeter, stopwatch, and thermometer.
Pros: all the features function perfectly when set well. It is lighter than another type of watches including the G-shock. Therefore, many customers prefer it over G-shock model.
Cons: it is noted that resetting the altimeter during the night makes it more accurate. This happens because pressure varies at night and may affect altimeter calculations.
Casio PRW2500-1A Digital ProTrek Pathfinder Watch Video Review
On May 13, 2016, a client declared that this watch is a multi-sensor and appropriate for enthusiastic individuals. The compass and thermometer are very accurate
4. 5 in 1 Travel Watch
Rating: 3.0 / 5.0
The watch is unique because of its ability to function 5 different purpose. For example, has survival whistle, watch, compass, string, blade and fire making gadget. The compass offers accurate direction at the time of need. It is dust resistant because of its jungle color strings and materials.
- There are five functions in a single watch
- It weighs about 0.05 kg and 2x5x5 cm in size
- It is econ-friendly and offers good quality functions
Usage: the watch is used for hiking and camping purposes.
Pros: it is good for five purposes at the same time. The watch helps the user in different ways when in danger.
Con: the watch is heavier than other watches because of the many gadgets attached to it.
On August 28, 2015, the client recorded that it was small and could not fit the arm properly. Therefore, he had to do some modification to make it fit the arm accordingly.
5. Super Bright Wrist LED Flashlight Watch with Compass
Rating: 3.2 / 5.0
The watch is characterized by super bright LED light. The LED flashlight is rechargeable, appropriate for mountain cling, and camping.
- It has four different modes including high, low, flash and SOS.
- It has an accurate compass
- It weighs about 5.8 ounces with a size of 5.8x4.7x1.9 inches
Pros: when fixed on the watch it gives me a space to operate it. It can display both time and date.
Cons: though it is formed to serve a different purpose, it is technical to operate and may require a manual. The straps are had to use. The instruction on the box is not easily understandable.
On August 13, 2016, the client outlined that the buttons are flimsy and not water resistant at all. On October 31, 2016, the customer valued the watch because of its quality LED flash light.