When it comes to camping, hiking, tactical training or anything directly or remotely related to wilderness, your gear is the most important part of your trip. Shoes being one of the main aspects of your body armor for the trip need special attention while choosing. Most of the amateurs in the field think that in the wilderness, any type of sports shoes will do. It is a rookie mistake and you should consider buying a good pair of boots to keep your feel safe, comfortable and dry.
Here is a list of the Best Tropical Jungle Boots
Jungle boots are specially designed to survive in harsh conditions. There are a number of different companies that make some of the best tropical jungle boots. I have created a complete guide to walking you through the process of choosing the right shoes for your trip of the lifetime.
Why I prefer Jungle Boots?
The main reason for choosing jungle boots especially for my trip to a tropical region is that these boots were initially designed by the military to survive in the toughest conditions. These boots can work perfectly in any kind of humid environment. These boots keep the feet comfortable and warm in all seasons. Also, these are highly water resistant that means they will not absorb water or humidity that can increase the weight of the boots.
When we talk about military equipment, toughness and durability strike our mind in the first second. The jungle boots stand tall in both arenas. Jungle boots in most of the cases are a one-time investment for a long duration of time.
What to look for while Choosing the Boots?
When I go for equipment shopping, I always keep the comfort and durability on the top of the list. In the case of jungle boots, I would suggest keeping the following points in mind.
- Comfort: This is the most important criteria while choosing the jungle boots. The size, sole type, air flow, feet size, cushion and other features of the boots matter a lot. A minor glitch in the choice can ruin your investment as well as your trip. It is always better to put on the shoes for a day to check if at any time they feel uncomfortable before you head to the wilderness.
- Stability: As you are going to walk or run on the uneven surface, it is very important that your shoes should provide you the required ankle stability. If the boots fail to do so, you may hurt yourself or feel fatigue in a shorter span of time.
- Weight: Generally people think that more stable, durable and comfortable shoes are, heavier they will be. However, it is not true. The technology in developing these jungle boots is advanced and most of the material used in modern shoes is lightweight. I always think of the energy I am going to save if only a pound of weight goes away from my shoes.
- Durability: Jungle boots are made for sustainability and durability. They should last long and should not wear or tear easily. It is always better to choose the right company so that the investment stays fruitful for a longer period of time.
- Water resistance: Last but not the least, the jungle boots are water resistant. Every time I visited a tropical region, my feet play a trick on me and get sweaty very easily. As I have chosen water resistant boots in the first buy, I never faced many issues with that. Also, in the jungle, you may step a number of times in water bodies so a good pair of water-resistant boots is always the best choice.
Top 5 Best Tropical Jungle Boots
1. Maelstrom Tac Force 8 Inch Zipper Tactical Boot
Rating: 4.1 / 5.0
- Oil resistant outsole
- Highly durable and water resistant
- Some costumers have complained about early wear and tear which is not a good sign for jungle boots. However, these are some of the highest selling boots.
The boots are made of leather and fabric. The rubber sole provides best possible comfort to the user while walking or jogging. The boots have moisture resistant lining and keep the feet dry. The rubber outsole is oil resistant which makes the pair even more durable.
As the leather and nylon upper are polishable, it is very easy to keep them just like new all the time. There is a shock absorbent cuisine inside the shoe which keeps the foot in a comfortable position all day long. The shoe has a heavy duty YKK zipper on the side which enables the user for faster on and off. The shoes are available in different colors to suit your requirements.
2. Rocky C4T Tactical Boot
Rating: 4.0 / 5.0
- Highly durable
- Water resistant
- Comfortable rubber sole
- Most customer complaints were about the sole of the boots. In maximum cases, the company had replaced the faulty piece.
Made of leather and fabric these boots are designed for combat training. They are water and dust resistant. The rubber sole provides comfort to the feet and makes it easy to walk on uneven surfaces. If you are looking for a pair that you can wear both in the wilderness and regular day, these boots are for you.
As they are water resistant, these shoes are best for humid areas like rainforests. Also, if you are in the construction business, these shoes will definitely serve all the purpose. It is very important to wear a comfortable and durable shoe during heavy duty work and this pair stands tall out of the crowd in these terms.
Rocky C4T Tactical Boot Video Review
3. Original S.W.A.T. Classic 9-Inch Tactical Boot
Rating: 4.4 / 5.0
- Highly durable
- Comfortable material
- Good breathability
- Some customers have complained about the side zipper but the company has either replaced or repaired the boots under warranty period.
These boots are designed for all-day comfort. Though they look simple in terms of design, the durability and functionality of the pair are unmatchable. The company has used leather and canvas in the boots. The foam padding and tongue provide better breathability.
The shoe has highly durable and strong YKK zipper. The pair looks simple and elegant but does not go on the looks. It is tougher than most of the shoes available in the market. These pairs exceed the ASTM F2913-11 test standards that ensure highly durable product. The outsole is dust, water and oil resistant which makes sure these shoes look clean even after a long day of jungle adventure.
Original S.W.A.T. Classic 9-Inch Tactical Boot Video Review
4. Rothco 8'' GI Type Jungle Boot
Rating: 3.3 / 5.0
- Water resistant nylon and canvas upper
- Soft leather feel
- The famous Panama sole
- Although these boots are very famous and one of the most common pairs used in all conditions, there are some customers who have complained about the breathability of the boots.
These boots are manufactured with multiple types of material. The company has used nylon and canvas for the upper portion, Black leather for the heel and toe and finally Velvet rubber for the Panama’ sole. These boots are combat ready that means you can wear them in any weather conditions.
The shoes are designed to provide extended hours of comfort to the owner. This pair of shoes does not wear off easily. It is highly durable and very easy to clean as well. You can polish the leather and outsole. The inner cuisine of the shoe provides extra comfort to the feet.
Rothco 8'' GI Type Jungle Boot Video Review
5. Under Armour Men's UA Jungle Rat Boots
Rating: 4.0 / 5.0
- Water resistant
- Comes with quick dry design
- Comfortable on feet
- Anti-microbial lining
- In the reviews, some customers have complained about the lace lining. Though it is not that big a deal but it is important to mention.
If you are looking for one of the best water resistant and a highly durable pair of jungle boots, then I would recommend these shoes for you. These imported boots are made of synthetic yet comfortable material. They have air vents that keep your feet at moderate temperature and dry.
The shoes come with anti-microbial sock liner than removes chances of any microbial infestation. It comes with a quick-dry mechanism that means you do not have to worry about the liquid spill. It also resists oil that means even in the harsh conditions, these boots will stand out. Most of the water resistant boots do not have enough breathing space, however, these boots are designed in such a way that they do not allow water to enter but provide ample breathing space to keep the feet dry and cozy.
Under Armour Men's UA Jungle Rat Boots Video Review