The AR 670-1 Compliant Danner Desert TFX Waterproof Insulated Review
Made for soldiers required to pursue combatants over diverse terrain, the Desert TFX has a rugged, aggressive outsole and Danner’s patented, lightweight TERRA FORCE® X system, which provides stability and support. The waterproof, breathable GORE-TEX® lining is comfortable and the rough-out leather and 1000 Denier nylon upper supply durability. See our AR 670-1 Compliant Danner Desert TFX Review below.
The Danner TFX Rough Out Desert Military boots are AR 670-1 compliant.
Danner is an Oregon company but the boots are not made there. They still make a lot of their boots int he U.S. but TFX Rought Out boots are imported. However, the goretex material is still made in the states. To some readers on Authorized Boots, that’s a deal breaker (and I get that) but to me, since it passed the quality check I’m happy with the boot.
Are the Danner TFX Rough Out Boots only good in hot weather?
Initially, since the boot was tailored for hot weather, I was wary of wearing them in the cold. I just wasn’t sure how comfortable they would be in cooler weather. I decided to try them out in cold Seattle. It turned out that the boot did a fine job keeping my feet warm. How you might ask? It’s because of the fantastic liner inside the boot that keeps moisture out and insulates warmth (see the picture i’ve uploaded). Now with that being said, there is a reason the Danner TFX Rough Out Boots were made for the desert. The tread design is optimal for sand and light dirt, so if you try to get too fancy on ice terrain you may want be careful. Overall, I was very impressed by the boot’s design.
Buy your pair of Danner Men’s Desert Tfx Rough Out Tan GTX Military Boot here
- 100% waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® liner is engineered to keep your feet dry and comfortable – even in extreme conditions
- Rough out leather upper offers serious protection and toughness and is designed specifically for hot weather conditions, providing mildew resistance, breath-ability, and low water absorption
- 1000 Denier nylon upper material is extremely resistant to abrasions, tears, and scuffs, improves breath-ability, and dries quickly
- TERRA FORCE® X platform provides lightweight, durable traction, heel-to-toe energy transfer, side support to enhance maneuverability, and protection from arch overwork and fatigue
- Sleek, low volume profile with ample toe room provides serious support and comfort
- Speed lace system for a quick, secure fit
- Approach TFX lightweight outsole provides improved acceleration, downhill braking, and side hill traction. Beveled lugs prevent debris build-up
- Nylon shank
- Lightweight at 58 oz
- This style meets requirements of AR 670-1 Optional Wear
- Color: Desert Tan
- Height: 8″ Standard Military Height
- Leather: Rough-out, cattle hide leather
- Upper: 1000 Denier Nylon
- Outsole: Rubber