Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red Dot MOA Scope Review
Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red dot (SPC-402) is a riflescope that helps you get on target within no time for a speedy target with your AR-15 or shotgun from the comfort of your home. This optic is rather affordable and it helps you get into action in no time as a regular hunter or gun user and hence you can be assured that you won’t be wasting your time in training or ammo, just to hit a target.
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0
Design and features
Usability and design
This scope is created using aluminum material that has a black color, giving it a professional look and also easy to carry around. Other than its attractive look, sparc 2 red dot is a riflescope that has a sleek design to allow it to be easily mounted on different guns that you may have.
On this scope, you can adjust or reduce the brightness as it has up to 10 brightness settings which are easy to adjust through the button on the rear of this scope.
The scope has several anti-reflective coatings on all air to air surfaces. This increases light transitions for an easier target which will save you a lot of ammo. The display of the red dot is also easily visible in the daylight which makes it usable at any particular moment that you may wish to.
With all the professional look that this scope comes with, it is also built to be usable in different environments, including foggy and moisturized areas.
This scope include a multi-height mount system which includes a high, low and a spacer mount that can be combined to provide various mounting heights depending on the rifle that you want to mount on. You will also get an unlimited eye relief on this riflescope which will help you to get into action for rapid targets. Further this scope will improve useful to you as the lowest two settings of the 10 variable brightness settings, are suitable to be used under a night vision.
The sparc 2 red dot, has an o-ring that prevents dust and moisture from getting inside and hence the performance of this authentic scope is not affected by different harsh weather conditions or environments. Along with this, the scope has nitrogen gas included in its design and hence it is easy for you to use it even in foggy areas as the nitrogen gas protects you from being affected by the fog. This nitrogen gas also helps to protect it from water moisture and hence you do not have to worry about it. This makes it be useful under temperatures ranging from -4 to 158 degrees Fahrenheit.
The sophisticated level of technology used to create this product, also Makers it useful or a long time as it is able to withstand shock while using it on different rifles. The scope is further convenient as it uses a single CR2032 battery that has a battery life ranging from 300 – 5000 hours, depending on the level of brightness. A 12-hour auto-shutdown feature is also included in the design of this scope. This helps to maximize battery life by avoiding wastage o the power, while you are not using it on your rifle.
Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red Dot MOA Video Review
As far as the usability of the Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red Dot is concerned, the pros obviously outdo the cons but they all worth looking at nevertheless. These includes:
- This scope is easily usable on different pieces as it’s designed in a way that allows it to be easily mountable on them. Its functionality is also enhanced to allow you to easily use it on your rifle even at night as it has a night vision function.
- The price of this scope is also very affordable by regular gun users and hence you can save your resources, yet acquire a scope that will help you with your target.
- While mounting this scope on your gun, there are four different mounting designs that you can choose from.
- The rear of this rifle is also built using a very professional material and color that do not reflect light when getting into position for a target and hence it does not sell out your location.
- The waterproof design used for this lens is also another impressive feature that allows this scope to be usable for a long period of time. The lens covers, are also removable and hence you can also wipe them whenever you find it necessary.
- Its design is great and easy to the eye. This is also because you have 10 brightness intensity levels which are just enough for normal gun use.
- The 1xCR2032 battery used on the scope has a long battery life and it also makes it easy for you to carry it around as it is light. These batteries are also included together with the package when purchasing this scope and hence you start using it immediately after purchasing it.
- For people with astigmatism, the red dot may be distorted and may not appear to be solid. However, you can correct this situation to enjoy all the advantages that are included with this scope.
- The lens can be easily moved if bumped but the lens caps lip up nicely under normal conditions.
With all things being considered, Vortex Optics Sparc 2 Red Dot MOA (SPC-402) is a nice riflescope to purchase for anybody looking to have quality scope under a tight budget. This is because it is easy to manage and its purchasing price is far much less as compared to other scopes on the market. Also, the few disadvantages attached to this design can be easily corrected to make the scope work very well for you under different circumstances that you may need it. Its user-friendly design and usability is something that is totally enviable as you will be able to use it under different environmental conditions. This is then a solid optic that will be worth your while after purchasing it.